Sunday, July 15, 2007

july 15, 2007 (40 days in Africa)

The little things

I have recently come to the realization that, little things count when it comes to taking an extended overseas trip. For instance, my hair has gotten to be very long over the past few weeks. This is because when my dad and I were planning to leave, we were thinking only about “big” things we needed. Unfortunately, a haircut wasn’t on the list of “big” things, so now I am sitting here with long hair simply because I didn’t take care of the little things which I have found to be extremely annoying the past few days. All this reminds me of camping trips my family always takes where we would forget a pillow or a sleeping bag and have to go without it for a week, only this time it’s for almost two months and we can’t just drive home to get it. So if you have a big trip coming up think about all the small things first because there’re what will make the trip enjoyable.

(NOTE; there are no barber shops around here that can cut “white man” hair)

No comments: